The disaster in Punjab Congress escalated this night with a flurry of conferences held by each side. Sources mentioned Chief Minister Amarinder Singh is in opposition to the Central leaders’ peace system the place Navjot Sidhu is to be elevated as state Congress chief.
Here are the Top 10 factors on this massive story:
- Each faction is drawing up its checklist of supporting MLAs, sources mentioned. Mr Singh is holding conferences with social gathering MLAs and MPs at his personal farmhouse in Mohali.
- Navjot Sidhu additionally held a gathering with six MLAs, together with two cupboard ministers from anti-Amarinder Singh camp.
- Three of the leaders he met are cupboard ministers — Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa, Charanjit Singh Channi and Tript Rajinder Bajwa.
- Sources additionally mentioned the insurgent ministers really feel they are going to be sacked from the ministry. Along with insurgent MLAs, they’re threatening mass resignations.
- Though Mr Sidhu is but to be officially introduced because the state Congress chief, sources mentioned earlier in the present day that he’s prone to substitute state social gathering chief Sunil Jakkar.
- Two different leaders — one from the Dalit group and the opposite a Hindu face — are prone to be named Working Presidents.
- The plan was arrived at after a sequence of separate conferences between the Gandhis, Mr Sidhu and Mr Singh.
- The Chief Minister had met the Gandhis final week, after which he mentioned he would settle for “whatever decision is taken by the Congress high command”.
- The different half of the plan envisages an overhaul of Mr Singh’s Council of ministers.
- The feud between Amarinder Singh and Navjot Sidhu has been on because the 2017 state elections. Mr Sidhu, who joined the social gathering after a stint within the BJP, hoped to be made Deputy Chief Minister. But the transfer was reportedly scuttled by Mr Singh.