On Day 10 of Tokyo Olympics 2021, the Indian ladies’s hockey workforce scripted historical past at this time by qualifying for the Olympic Games semifinals for the primary time, beating three-time champions Australia by a solitary objective. A day after the Indian males’s workforce entered the Olympic semifinals following a 49-year hole, the world no. 9 ladies’s facet additionally entered the historical past books with a phenomenally gritty efficiency.
But the Indians, decided to show some extent, produced a powerful and courageous efficiency to eke out the slender win over the Hockeyroos.
Drag-flicker Gurjit Kaur rose to the event when it mattered and transformed India’s lone penalty nook within the twenty second minute to shock the Australians.
The Rani Rampal-led facet will play Argentina within the semifinal on Wednesday.
India can be hoping a superb efficiency from discus-thrower Kamalpreet Kaur, who was one of many two athletes to fulfill the automated qualification mark [64.00m] and moved into the ultimate ranked second in qualification.
India’s final hope in capturing
Former Navy man Sanjeev Rajput, now into his third Olympics, and younger Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar, who’s on his Olympic debut, will look to convey cheers to the Indian capturing contingent in Tokyo, once they compete within the males’s 50m Rifle 3 positions qualification spherical, on the Asaka Shooting vary on Monday, the tenth and concluding day of the capturing competitions.
Rajput and Tomar are ranked sixth and second on the earth on this most gruelling capturing occasion on schedule.
Both Indians must struggle exhausting for a top-eight spot, given the presence of the likes of defending Olympic champion Sergey Kamenskiy of Russian Olympic Committee (ROC) and world No. 1 Istvan Peni of Hungary within the 48-strong area, amongst different heavyweight 3P exponents.
The Indian shooters have had a dismal outing in Tokyo, with solely Saurabh Chaudhary making it to the finals of the 10m air pistol occasion however ending seventh. All the opposite shooters in pistol, rifle and shotgun capturing have dished out sub-par performances.
India at this time’s schedule
- Dutee Chand in Women’s 200m Heat 4: 7:25am IST.
- Kamalpreet Kaur in Women’s Discus Throw Final: 4:30pm IST.
- Eventing Second Hose Inspection: 6am IST.
- Fouaad Mirza in Eventing Jumping Individual Qualifier: 1:30pm IST
- Eventing Individual Jumping Final: 5:15pm IST.
India vs Australia in Women’s Semifinal: 8:30am IST.
- Sanjeev Rajput and Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar in Men’s 50m Rifle 3 Positions Qualification: 8:00am IST.
- Men’s 50m Rifle 3 Positions Final: 1:20pm IST.
Important worldwide occasions at this time
- 6.50 AM — ATHLETICS: Men’s Long Jump closing (look out for Cuba’s Juan Miguel Echevarria and Jamaica’s Tajay Gayle)
- 8.40 AM — ATHLETICS: Women’s 100m Hurdles closing
- 1.30 PM and 4.30 PM – FOOTBALL: ladies’s semis – USA vs. Canada and Australia vs. Sweden
- 6.10 PM – ATHLETICS: Women’s 5000m closing (look ahead to Netherland’s Sifan Hassan, Kenyans Helen Obiri and Agnes Tirop, and Ethiopians Gudaf Tsegay, Senbere Teferi and Ejgayehu Taye)
Tokyo Olympics 2020 reside telecast India and streaming particulars
The reside broadcast of India’s Olympics matches will happen on Sony Sports Network. Sony TEN 1 HD/SD, Sony TEN 2 HD/SD and Sony SIX HD/SD with English commentary. Sony TEN 3 HD/SD to reside telecast Tokyo Olympics 2021 with Hindi Commentary. DD Sports will reside broadcast India matches on its Direct-to-home DTH service.