Prime Minister Narendra Modi: While replying to the debate on the Motion of Thanks to the President’s address in the Lok Sabha during the ongoing budget session of Parliament, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said a new world order has come into being following the COVID-19 pandemic. “India should emerge as a world leader. We are being recognised as a leader,” he said.
During the first wave of the epidemic, he also launched a sharp attack on the opposition, accusing them of spreading Covid by inciting migrant workers to leave cities.
Here are the Top Quotes from Prime Minister Modi’s address:
1. After the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a new world order. The United States is recognized as a leader. India must assume global leadership. We should not let this opportunity pass us by.
2. When a poor person’s house gets a gas connection, it becomes a status symbol. Everyone has a bank account. If you live among the public and are connected to the ground, the government’s money directly reaches their bank account. Unfortunately, some people (opposition) are still stuck in 2014
3. Congress: Even after so many losses, your arrogance remains, and your ecosystem will not let it go. It is not about the election result, but about the intent of those who have been in power so long. Whenever people got through, they wouldn’t let you back in. Mirrors should not be shown to them, as they will break them too. Criticism is a gem of democracy. Blind opposition is an insult to democracy.
4. On COVID-19: They thought maybe this country would never be able to save itself or fight such a big battle. India has completed 100 per cent of its first dose vaccinations and 80 per cent of its second dose vaccinations. Was Corona also used for political purposes?
5. During the Coronavirus outbreak, Congress went beyond its bounds. The Congress encouraged migrant workers when experts advised them to stay where they are. You (Congress) gave free train tickets to migrant workers who left Mumbai during the first wave. At the same time, Delhi’s government told migrant workers to leave the city and provided buses for them. Covid spread rapidly in Punjab, UP, and Uttarakhand as a result.
6. Coronavirus is a global pandemic, but some have even abused it for political gain. Some thought it would harm Modi’s image. It seems you use Gandhi’s name to pull others down. You ignore ‘vocal for local’ when I mention it. Don’t you want India to become an atmanirbhar? You don’t want Gandhi’s dreams to come true.
7. You can disagree with me, but why are you (Congress) opposed to the Fit India Movement and other programs? Isn’t everyone proud of yoga? You also mocked it. There’s no wonder you were voted out in many states years ago…I think you’ve made up your mind not to return to power for the next 100 years.
8. During the pandemic, no one died. Over 80 crore people received free food. Today, India is the world’s fastest-growing economy. Exports are at their highest point during Covid.
9. During the pandemic, the country took a big decision to save small farmers from hardships. The entire burden fell on India and not on the farmers. People who have hatred for small farmers are not allowed to do politics in the name of farmers. Despite years of independence, some people still have a mentality of slavery. People who have lived in palaces all their lives don’t care about small farmers.
10. For you (opposition), files are important, but for us, the lives of 130 crore Indians are important. In these five years following Independence, rural roads have been developed at the fastest rate. Optical fiber work is in progress. These projects will create jobs.